Home / World / Fatal Trump Tower fire caused by electrical overload

Fatal Trump Tower fire caused by electrical overload


The fire that broke out April 7 in Trump Tower was caused by too many electronic devices hooked into power strips, the FDNY said Monday.


The four alarm fire on the 50th floor of the Trump building on Fifth Ave. near E. 57th St. in Midtown broke out by accident, fire marshals concluded.


Art collector Todd Brassner, 67, a friend of Andy Warhol, died from burns and smoke inhalation in the blaze. Six firefighters were injured.

Todd Brassner was killed in the fire at his Trump Tower apartment.

(Facebook)


There were no smoke detectors in the apartment, officials said.

Send a Letter to the Editor

Join the Conversation:
facebook
Tweet

THOMAS TRACY, GRAHAM RAYMAN

About admin

Check Also

Manchester attack: Anniversary to be marked in city

Image copyright Various Image caption Twenty-two people were killed in the blast on 22 May ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *