The fire that broke out April 7 in Trump Tower was caused by too many electronic devices hooked into power strips, the FDNY said Monday.
The four alarm fire on the 50th floor of the Trump building on Fifth Ave. near E. 57th St. in Midtown broke out by accident, fire marshals concluded.
Art collector Todd Brassner, 67, a friend of Andy Warhol, died from burns and smoke inhalation in the blaze. Six firefighters were injured.
There were no smoke detectors in the apartment, officials said.
Send a Letter to the Editor
THOMAS TRACY, GRAHAM RAYMAN