Home / World / British government orders Oxfam to release Haiti sex scandal docs

British government orders Oxfam to release Haiti sex scandal docs


The British government officials say a major international charity has a lot of explaining to do for reportedly covering up employee sex parties — including a “full-on Caligula orgy” with Haitian prostitutes after the island’s devastating 2010 earthquake.


To get answers on the allegations against Oxfam, the government is demanding documents on the staffers who paid for sleazy sex in the disaster zone, The Times of London reported.


“These allegations are deeply shocking,” one official told the Times.

Roland Van Hauwermeiren of Belgium, the country director in Haiti for Britain-based Oxfam until 2011, admitted to hiring prostitutes.

(VRT News)


Workers including Roland van Hauwermeiren, the country director in Haiti for Britain-based Oxfam until 2011, were allowed to resign without being disciplined, the Times reported Friday.

Charity leader had ‘Caligula orgy’ with Haiti prostitutes: report


Van Hauwermeiren, a 68-year-old Belgian, admitted to hiring prostitutes — some of whom may have been underage. He hosted the parties at the villa he rented with Oxfam money, according to the Times.

PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI - FEBRUARY 26:  Sherider Anilus, 28, and her daughter, 9-month-old Monica, sit on the spot where her home collapsed during last month's 7.0 earthquake in the Fort National neighborhood February 26, 2010 in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Living in a shack with her husband and two children, Anilus returned to Fort National from a tent camp in downtown Port-au-Prince so to escape the flash flooding that happens when it rains.  (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Haiti Earthquake: 5 years later


One source told the newspaper there was footage of a “full-on Caligula orgy” with women in Oxfam T-shirts.


The organization said allegations that some prostitutes were underage were not substantiated.

Send a Letter to the Editor

Join the Conversation:
facebook
Tweet

CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN, ANDREW KESHNER

About admin

Check Also

Airstrikes in Syria kill 22 as death toll rises to more than 500

A fresh wave of airstrikes struck the Syrian capital of Damascus Saturday — killing ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *