Something old, something new — but Barack, Donald and Theresa, no nups for you.
It’s official: The head count at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding next month will include no heads of state.
Which means President Donald Trump needn’t expect an invitation. Ditto former POTUS Barack Obama. And British Prime Minister Theresa May.
“It has been decided that an official list of political leaders — both U.K. and international — is not required for Prince Harry and Ms. Markle’s wedding,” a spokesman for the prince’s office said in a statement.
Bethenny Frankel says she once went out with Meghan Markle’s ex
Prep for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding
Yes, the government had been consulted on the plan, the spokesman added. And yes, it’s all on the up and up since the Royal Ginger is not the direct heir to the throne.
The announcement about the hotly anticipated May 19 royal wedding puts an end to speculation about who would make the cut: Barack and Michelle Obama, whom the Cinnamon Prince is fond of — or Trump, who shares a tense relationship with England and a wedding could have been a place to make nice.
But neither made the cut. Unlike the other 2,640 guests, they won’t get a piece of the lemon elderflower cake.
Send a Letter to the Editor